About TMP Pro Distribution
TMP Pro Distribution is a division of The Music People, Inc., a family-owned business headquartered in Berlin, CT. Consumers know The Music People as the parent company of popular brands including On-Stage Stands, HotWires, DrumFire, Audio Spectrum, Hennessey Guitar Parts, On-Stage Sticks, and On-Stage Gear. But to MI retailers, production houses, and AV contractors, The Music People has been a source of pro audio equipment for over 25 years. In 2006, the steady rapid growth of the company's pro audio business led to the creation of TMP Pro Distribution, a division dedicated to the needs of audio contractors and retailers. Today, TMP Pro Distribution carries over 160 brands to meet the needs of any audio scenario, and has the unique ability to bundle audio orders with accessories from its own top-selling in-house brands.
Discover the TMP Pro Advantage!
Suite C, Berlin, CT 06037-1500
Tel.: (800) 289-8889 | Fax: (860) 828-1353
In an industry where the latest gear and technology grab the headlines, the philosophy at TMP Pro Distribution is to distinguish itself via customer service and expertise. The TMP Pro Advantage embodies this philosophy:
- TMP Pro pricing is always the same or very close to dealer direct pricing. Unlike dealer direct, however, there are no minimum orders, opening orders, or stock commitments. You can offer your customers over 160 brands without tying up capital and floor space. Our warehouse is your warehouse.
- Expanded Access to Brands
- Our friendly and responsive reps all have backgrounds in pro audio, commercial audio, and/or MI retail. Their goal is not to simply take orders and move boxes around. They are at your disposal to help you with everything from selecting the right microphone to specifying and entire installation.
- Professional Quotes
- If you are bidding on a job, we can provide you with a client-ready itemized quote for every piece of gear you need. What's more, our experts can spot any overlooked details or point you towards more cost-effective solutions, ensuring you have the most accurate and competitive quote available. The success of your project and business is our success.
- Simplified Logistics
- Our goal is to make things as simple as possible for you. With TMP Pro, you have one source for over 160 brands of pro audio, industry leading accessories, and an unrivaled pool of product application knowledge. Our sophisticated logistics abilities also enable us to offer coordinated shipments, including freight-saving bundling and job-site drop-ships. We take care of everything. One call really does do it all.
The TMP Timeline
- Winter NAMM - u-mount Lighting Arms is revealed and wins Best of Show - "Gotta Stock it"
- 35th Anniversary Celebrated
- TMP's leading proprietary brand, On-Stage Stands, was named among "Hartford's Finest" in the May 1st issue of the Hartford Advocate
- TMP's five-year sales growth was recognized in the July 18th issue of the Hartford Courant
- TMP named to "The Harford Courant and FOXCT Television's Top Workplace 2013" list. This is TMP's second recognition since 2011.
- TMP accepted 1st place honors from the Hartford Business Journal and CBIA Family Business Award, for businesses with 25-99 full time employees
- On November 27th, TMP signed Moscow-based Muza-S for an additional three years as their exclusive distributor in Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan
- TMP Pro partnered with TELEFUNKEN Elektroakustik® to be their preferred national distributor in the U.S. in October
- TMP sponsored a team to participate in the SANDY HOOK RUN FOR THE FAMILIES, a very special event organized by the Hartford Marathon Foundation. The race opened in March. The team named themselves "On-Stage Stands up for Sandy Hook".
- TMP West warehouse moves to Riverside, CA, increasing its square footage and loading docks.
- Winter NAMM U-Mount is revealed and wins Best of Show-"Best Accessory"
- Summer NAMM- Mighty Uke stand is introduced and wins Best of Show- "Gotta Stock it"
- TMP Central Warehouse is expanded from 10,000 to 15,000 square feet
- Sales to the Chinese domestic market begin
- 13,000 square foot Mei Fan Warehouse is opened in Ningbo China
- Sharon Hennessey named to NAMM Board
- On-Stage Stands being sold in 54 countries
- TMP Central distribution center opened
- Hartford Courant/Fox CT Top Workplaces Award
- 120 pro audio brands
- Our Chinese sister company is founded Ningbo Mei Fan International Trading Company
- 30th Anniversary Celebrated
- DrumFire reintroduced with acoustic drum sets
- 120 pro audio brands
- 8 Proprietary brands
- Hennessey Guitar Parts introduced
- Second Supplier Excellence Award
- 100 pro audio brands
- On-Stage Stands ships 2 million units
- On-Stage Gear introduced
- First featured in The Music Trades Music Industry Census
- TMP Pro Distribution division established
- 80 pro audio brands
- First Supplier Excellence Award
- On-Stage Sticks introduced
- Berlin, CT headquarters opened
- Retail-ready packaging introduced
- West Coast distribution center opened
- Offered retailers 16 pro audio brands
- Began distributing the full Shure microphone line
- DrumFire drum synths introduced
- West Hartford, CT office opened
- The Music People, Inc. established
- On-Stage Stands established
- Double and triple guitar stands manufactured in Hartford, CT
- HotWires brand established