The Newsroom - Article #333
Electro-Voice Introduces ETX Portable Powered Loudspeakers at NAMM2014January 23, 2014
- The next generation of professional portable powered loudspeakers from EV.
- „Intelligent technology, innovative design, superior power and performance.
- „Unique features include a single-knob DSP interface with LCD, FIR-Drive performance optimization and Signal Synchronized Transducers (SST) waveguide design.
Anaheim, Cal.,: Launching globally at NAMM 2014, the new ETX family builds upon the industry-leading innovation and 85-year heritage of Electro-Voice audio engineering to offer the most advanced professional portable powered loudspeakers available today.
A versatile high-end choice for live entertainment venues, rental companies, pro musicians and DJs, and installed sound, the ETX family features three two-way models (10-inch, 12-inch and 15-inch, all with a precision HF titanium compression driver), a three-way model (15-inch with a 6.5-inch MF driver and a precision HF titanium compression driver) and two subs (15-inch and 18-inch drivers).
Positioned above the ZLX and Live X families respectively, ETX completes a trio of recent EV portable loudspeaker offerings—each of which was designed to bring best-in-class performance to its price point. (Launched at NAMM 2013, ZLX was the most successful EV product introduction ever and is now the most successful loudspeaker in its category in the US.)
Inside each low-profile, tour-grade wood enclosure are a range of unique new features that set ETX apart, combining intelligent technology and innovative industrial design for spectacular results across all applications. EV-engineered high-efficiency transducers and high-powered Class-D amplifiers, Signal Synchronized Transducers (SST) waveguide design and smart FIR-Drive DSP all work together to provide peerless EV sound quality and precise coverage at the highest SPLs.
Intelligent technology, innovative design
- EV’s FIR-Drive utilizes the latest Finite Impulse Response (FIR) filter technology to optimize transducer linearity. Advanced limiter algorithms for independent peak and thermal transducer protection.
- Complete full-function DSP control via a single-knob interface. LCD screen for easy system set-up and monitoring: location/application EQ presets, limiter status, input level controls/meters and master volume control to ensure optimal gain structure. Subs feature a preset for true cardioid performance.
- EV-patented Signal Synchronized Transducers (SST) waveguide design provides precise and consistent coverage across all system configurations. Waveguides are custom-designed and optimized per ETX model.
Superior power and performance
- State-of-the-art components deliver the legendary EV sound quality and reliability the pros trust: 1800 W (subs) and 2000 W (full-range) Class-D power amplifiers with integrated DSP produce high SPLs utilizing high-sensitivity, low-distortion transducers (including DVX and SMX series woofers and precision DH3-B HF titanium compression drivers).
- Lightweight, durable and compact 18-mm, 13-ply birch plywood enclosure finished with EVCoat. Eight mounting points for permanent installations (two-way models). Custom die-cast aluminum pole cups, handles and hardware.
Designed, engineered, tested and assembled for ultimate reliability by Electro-Voice in the USA.
ETX will ship in Spring 2014.